As for video output 4, this breaks almost everything, but I'll slowly
do what remains to be fixed during the weekend.
Changes in vlc:
* vlc is now a very small program (20 lines) which uses the libvlc API;
it is quite simple for the moment but can be extended in the future.
* interfaces, decoders, video outputs, etc. are now almost the same
objects (yes, I know, this is C++ redone in C) and are structured in
a tree. More about this later, but basically it allows the following
- several interfaces
- several playlists with several outputs
- input plugins spawning helper interfaces (will be used for DVD menus)
- anything spawning anything; I swear there are useful uses for this!
* libvlc can be used in other programs; I'm currently writing a Mozilla
plugin for my employer.
Things currently broken:
* most interfaces, most ports
* the playlist handling (almost finished rewriting this though). This means
no file can be played from the GUI, you need to use the commandline. This
also means it segfaults at EOF, when exiting the program, and it sometimes
refuses to open a file when asked to.