Last playback position is badly remembered for the last media in the library
- play the last media in your library (this is important, not something in the middle of your list!)
- let it play until the end
- playback will eventually end and the video view controller will close. wait for that to happen.
- play the same media again. It will try to continue playback at the end of the file, so it will show a frame and immediately close again.
- there is no way to play the file again, unless you keep trying until it eventually works.
suggested solution: don't try to recover from the last playback position when there is less than 5% of the duration left to play. This would match the previous behavior of the app as well as the macOS counterpart.