3 dot menu missing from items on Streams screen
A regression since latest version on Android TV where the long-press/3-dot-menu is no longer available for history items on the "Streams" screen, ie. streams previously played.
Versions of VLC for Android TV, prior to version 3.4.3 (which was released in Play Store on Jan 5, 2022), allowed user to open a 3 dot menu via long pressing select, on history items on the Streams screen.
This menu had the following menu-items:
- Add to playlist
- Copy to clipboard
This menu is still available in VLC version 3.4.3 for smartphone Android.
The ability to delete individual streams is a sorely missed management feature. Being able to rename a stream was useful for identification purposes (sometimes streams are added with a too generic name) and to fix the opensubtitle search string used, before even starting the search, as the item name is used as search string for subtitles. And "copy URL" was useful to try a stream that VLC had problems with in another program.
Long-press select on history item on Streams screen to open a menu with menu-items as described above.
Long-press select does not open a menu, instead it acts the same as a short press on select: it starts playing the highlighted stream.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Browsing > Streams
- Enter and play any stream URL
- Stop video using Back button
- Long-press select on newly created history item on Streams screen
Screenshot / video
- Screenshot from VLC v3.4.3 on Android TV (Android 9) showing the 3 vertical dots missing on history items (the highlight now has a rounded right side, where previously it was rectangular).
- Screenshot from VLC v3.4.3 on Android smartphone (Android 11) with the vertical 3 dot menu opened
Nvidia Shield Pro (2019)