dav1d 0.9.2 'Golden Eargle' the fast and lean AV1 decoder 0.9.2 is a small update of dav1d on the 0.9.x branch, focusing on numerous small optimizations for SSSE3, AVX2 and NEON in high bitdepth.
0.9.2 Golden Eagle
0.9.2 is a small update of dav1d on the 0.9.x branch, focusing on adding SIMD on numerous small cases:
- x86: SSE4 optimizations of inverse transforms for 10bit for all sizes
- x86: mc.resize optimizations with AVX2/SSSE3 for 10/12b
- x86: SSSE3 optimizations for cdef_filter in 10/12b and mc_w_mask_422/444 in 8b
- ARM NEON optimizations for FilmGrain Gen_grain functions
- Optimizations for splat_mv in SSE2/AVX2 and NEON
- x86: SGR improvements for SSSE3 CPUs
- x86: AVX2 optimizations for cfl_ac
This mostly concludes SIMD for SSSE3 (32+64), AVX2 and NEON (32+64). The rest are scaled-related and z1/z2/z3 and should not bring significant improvements in speed for most cases.