Issues when switching iOS/tvOS output to Airplay target
When I switch iOS or tvOS output to an Airplay device (outside of VLC, for the whole device) them VLC audio mostly choppy, sometimes becomes stable, but generally just cuts in and out. My symptoms seem to be the same as reported in this thread. I can't pin a precise date at which things stopped working but prior to January 2018 it used to work.
I've tested this with the VLC app version 3.0.2. In my case the stream is from a DVB-T source (MPEG-TS) using MP2 as audio either from a network URL or using the "TVH Client" app which uses VLCKit 3.0.1 stable.