Cannot seek a TS file when inside a M3U8
When playing a M3U8/HLS playlist with several TS files and trying to seek a position which falls in the middle of a TS file, playback starts at the beginning of the file, not the asked position.
The TS files are seekable when played alone, without the M3U8 playlist.
Minimal project and steps to reproduce
- The issue can be reproduced with VLC media player from version 22.214.171.124 to 3.0.11.
- Get these small TS files with the M3U8: seek_ts.zip
- Play the M3U8 and try to seek to 00:24. The player will go back to 00:15, the start of the second TS file.
What is the current bug behavior?
Cannot seek a TS file inside a M3U8/HLS playlist with VLC/libvlc 126.96.36.199 to 3.0.11.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Seek at the correct position in the TS file.
Does it work on other plaforms? Does it work with the official VLC apps?
It works fine with VLC/libvlc previous versions up to 3.0.8.
- OS: Windows 10
- Device: PC
- LibVLC version and architecture: 188.8.131.52 to 3.0.11 x64
- LibVLCSharp version: 3.4.9
Can't find any.