Screen Rotation doesn't work as expected VLC on Xamarin.Forms
Screen Rotation doesn't work as expected.
I've followed the VLC Samples which got me this far, but still not getting any level of consistency or intuitiveness with the VLC library.
Minimal project and steps to reproduce
See this Repository
After opening the solution:
- Start the app and Play video.
- Rotate Screen.
- See error
What is the current bug behavior?
Screen Rotation doesn't work as expected. I've had to either of things occur when you rotate the screen:
• A grey bar appears on the bottom as if allocating room for the controls and will usually shrink the video view, but no controls show up. • The VideoView gets cut off and only shows half the video, I've tried multiple things but nothing changes.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Screen Rotation doesn't work as expected. The LibVLCSharp.Forms.Shared.MediaPlayerElement view rotates and fills the screen like any other view in Xamarin.Forms instead of getting cut off, or a random grey bar showing up which makes the video really small.
Does it work on other platforms? Does it work with the official VLC apps?
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
- OS: iOS 13.6, Android Q (10)
- Version iOS 13.6, Android Q (10)
- Device: iPhone 6s+, Note 10+
- LibVLC version and architecture 3.4.6 Xamarin.Forms.iOS/Android
- LibVLCSharp version 8.0