Full Screen Doesn't work at all on VLC on Xamarin.Forms
Full Screen Doesn't work at all.
I've followed the VLC Samples which got me this far, but still not getting any level of consistency or intuitiveness with the VLC library.
Note: I'm troubleshooting with the sample and project repositories. On the iPhone 6s+ (iOS 3.6), only in DarkMode. On the iPhone Xs Max (iOS 3.5.1), the Icons seem to work on both projects, only in DarkMode. On the iPhone 11 (iOS 3.5.1), the Icons seem to work on both projects, only in DarkMode.
Minimal project and steps to reproduce
See this Repository
After opening the solution:
- Go to 'App.xaml.cs'
- Use either 'MainPage =' lines. comment out the line not in use.
- Start the app and Play video.
- LibVLCSharp.Forms.Shared.MediaPlayerElement.MediaPlayer.Fullscreen = true/false
- See error ( nothing happens)
What is the current bug behavior?
Full Screen Doesn't work at all. If no input is given, the background does go away on Android but the rest of the frame gets bigger too, especially on Shell. When LibVLCSharp.Forms.Shared.MediaPlayerElement.MediaPlayer.Fullscreen is set, nothing occurs.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Full Screen Doesn't work at all. when LibVLCSharp.Forms.Shared.MediaPlayerElement.MediaPlayer.Fullscreen is set, I expect a popup or something to come up to display the video full screen.
Does it work on other platforms? Does it work with the official VLC apps?
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
- OS: iOS 13.6, Android Q (10)
- Version iOS 13.6, Android Q (10)
- Device: iPhone 6s+, Note 10+
- LibVLC version and architecture 3.4.6 Xamarin.Forms.iOS/Android
- LibVLCSharp version 8.0