HOWTO run UI tests
How to run UI tests in VLC Android?
Follow pre-requisites from Wiki.
JAVA_HOME should point to JDK provided by Android Studio:
- I didn't like it but I had to apply following patch on compile-libvlc.sh. I also did some changes in compile.sh to make it easier for me to test. Some aren't actually needed but I felt it's better to share the complete patch. SOXR was disabled when compiling LibVLC because of some missing package in my environment. Checkout attached
- Sometimes, medialibrary compilation fails due to it using the old version. Remove the old built folder -
rm -r medialibrary/medialibrary
- Install the debug app and test services -
sh compile.sh test -a <ARCH>. has to be determined from the device. Currently, it works with ARMv7 but the compilation fails on my environment with ARMv8.
- Run the GUI tests and output them in result_UI_test.txt -
adb shell am instrument -w -e package org.videolan.vlc.gui org.videolan.vlc.debug.test/org.videolan.vlc.MultidexTestRunner 1> result_UI_test.txt
- Check the test results in