1. 25 Jul, 2017 1 commit
  2. 14 Aug, 2016 1 commit
  3. 16 Mar, 2016 1 commit
  4. 27 Mar, 2012 1 commit
  5. 20 Mar, 2012 1 commit
    • Rémi Denis-Courmont's avatar
      Use environment variable for data directory · feb4063c
      Rémi Denis-Courmont authored
      ...as for plugins directory. Most of the content is anyway per-process,
      either because gettext and interfaces are per-process. The only caller
      of the function that is not an interface or gettext is the DVB scanner.
      This is even probably a bug.
  6. 11 Mar, 2012 1 commit
  7. 05 Jan, 2012 1 commit
  8. 13 Jul, 2011 1 commit
  9. 20 Feb, 2011 1 commit
  10. 05 Dec, 2010 1 commit
  11. 01 Aug, 2008 1 commit
  12. 15 Jun, 2008 1 commit
  13. 09 Jun, 2008 1 commit
  14. 31 May, 2008 1 commit
  15. 23 Jan, 2008 1 commit
  16. 04 Nov, 2007 1 commit
    • Antoine Cellerier's avatar
      Add a new type of VLC Lua module: Interfaces. · de31813f
      Antoine Cellerier authored
      Two things led me to add this new type of Lua modules:
       * Most interfaces duplicate code from one another (rc and telnet both deal
         with sockets, rc and hotkeys duplicate VLC interfacing code)
       * It's easier to code in Lua than in C (for high level stuff)
      (* Users can code their own module easily, all they need is a text editor.)
      Most of the changes in modules/misc/ are Lua wrappers for different C APIs
      in VLC. I'd say that 90% of those wrappers won't change, the other 10% might
       need small changes (mostly to simplify the C code).
      The VLC Lua "interface" module will look for lua scripts in the
      *share*/luaintf/ directory. Files in *share*/luaintf/modules/ are lua modules
      which can be used by multiple VLC Lua modules (using require "modulename").
      This commit includes 4 Lua interface modules:
       * dummy.lua: the default module. Prints error messages and quits.
       * rc.lua: equivalent to the legacy rc.c module. Also includes a bunch of
         new features (+ multiple socket connections at a time work!). See file for
         more details.
       * telnet.lua: equivalent to the legacy telnet.c module. See file for more
       * hotkeys.lua: a rewrite of the hotkey handling module. This module is still
         experimental. I'll need to change VLC core hotkeys stuff to make it work
         like I want (ie: 1 hotkey triggers 1 action instead of the current 1 action
         can have 1 hotkey). This version executes 3 dummy actions when keys 'q',
         'w' or 'x' are pressed.
      What's left to do:
       * Port the http interface plugin to this framework (at least for the
         macros/rpn part ... using <?vlc some lua code ?> à la PHP would be way
         easier than what we currently have).
       * Finish work on the hotkeys module.
       * Code a real telnet/rc module with autocompletion and all the cool features
         usually found in a telnet/terminal interface.
       * Trash the legacy C modules.
      Stuff to test (which I can't test myself):
       * Win32 and Mac OS X specific changes to Makefile.am
       * Console interface under Win32. I expect it not to work.
      Other stuff included in this changeset are:
       * Code cleanup (I'm sure that it's still possible to simplify some of the old lua bindings code).
       * That's pretty much it in fact :/